Download Avid Shortcuts in PDF Format for Windows & Mac
1. Audio ShortcutsAlt+ click Pan sliderSnaps to Mid in Audio Mix toolAlt+ click Volume sliderSnaps to 0 dB in Audio EQ and Audio toolsAlt+ click Audio Track Monitor buttonSelects track for audio scrub monitoringAlt+ click Track Solo button (Automation Gain tool) /Alt+ 1…8)Mutes selected track (1 to 8)Alt+ drag keyframeMoves selected audio keyframe horizontally in TimelineAlt+ click digital scrub parameters in Composer monitorOpens Audio Settings dialog box
2. Bin ShortcutsCtrl+NCreates a new binCtrl+ASelects all items in the active bin or the Project Window, if selectedCtrl+WCloses open windows, bins or dialog boxesCtrl+PPrints the selected bin in whatever view you have selected (Text, Frame or Script View)Ctrl+DDuplicates selected clip(s), sequence(s), or title(s)Shift+Ctrl+GCreates a Group Clip from selected Master Clips or Sub ClipsCtrl+IInformation: First, select clips or sequences in the bin, then use the shortcut to open the Console window to display informationShift+Ctrl+ click Clip MenuChange the relink selection to UnlinkAlt+ drag clips between binsMakes a copy of the clip.Ctrl+Alt+ ClickCreate a pop-up window of information about the selected item.Ctrl+K/Ctrl+LDecrease / Increase Clip Frame Image (when in Frame View or Script View)Ctrl+TTidy up: Align Clip to Grid (when in Frame View)
3. CapturingWhen you are in Capture Mode, the Avid Editor remaps your function keys to the shortcuts belowF1While capturing (but not Batch Capturing), pressing F1 will mark the In-Point of a subclip. If you press F1 at a later time (before pressing the F2 key) the in-Point will be updated.F2While capturing (but not Batch Capturing), pressing F2 will mark the Out-Point of a subclip.F3Adds a Red locator to the clipF4When in Capture Mode, F4 begins the capture. When in Log Mode, F4 logs a Master Clip to the bin.F5Adds a Red locator to the clipF6Adds a Green locator to the clipF7Adds a Blue locator to the clipF8Adds a Cyan locator to the clipF9Adds a Magenta locator to the clipF10Adds a Yellow locator to the clipF11Adds a Black locator to the clipF12Adds a White locator to the clip
4. EditingCtrl+ZUndoCtrl+RRedoCtrl+CCopyCtrl+VPasteAlt+ Clipboard SymbolCopy the material between a Mark In and Mark Out on the selected tracks, and places it not just into the Clipboard, but into the Source Window.Alt+ Weight Lift SymbolLift the material between a Mark In and Mark Out on the selected tracks, and places it immediately into the Source Window.Alt+ Cut SymbolExtract the material between a Mark In and Mark Out on the selected tracks, and places it immediately into the Source Window.Alt+ double-click on a Clip, Sequence, / Title icon in a binOpen the selected item(s) in a pop-up monitor.Alt+ click on either the Source Monitor / Record MonitorChange the cursor/pointer to a hand icon. You can now drag a subclip or a subsequence to a bin.Alt+ drag a clip (or multiple clips) into the Record monitorThe clip(s) will be spliced into your Sequence at the Mark In position.Shift+ drag a clip (or multiple clips) into the Record monitorThe clip(s) will be overwritten into your Sequence at the Mark In position.Ctrl+K/Ctrl+LReduce / Enlarge Image (With Source or Record Monitor) or Reduce/Enlarge Track (with Timeline active)Alt+ Track SymbolIgnore the Track Selectors and places an In and Out Mark based on the two nearest transitions to the blue Position Indicator.EscToggle between making the Source and Record monitors active.Ctrl+‘Send selected window back to its default location.5. Effect ModeTabMoves from one active slider to next (In Effect Editor)Shift+Arrow Left/Shift+Arrow RightMoves 10 units on a slider instead of 1 unit.Alt+ drag corner, side, / center of wireframeDisplays the image as you move it, rather than displaying just a wireframe outline.Alt+ drag keyframeGrab an active keyframe in the Keyframe Position Bar and move it earlier or later in time.Ctrl+AWith the Keyframe Position Bar active, this will select all the keyframes.Select segment + Delete keyRemove an effect.Select a segment, and then Alt + double-click an Effect in the Effect Palette / an Effect Template in a bin.Add an effect to a segment that already has an effect on it, creating a “Nest.”Ctrl+Alt+ click and drag video image (with the image zoomed in)Change Arrow Pointer to Hand Pointer for moving an enlarged video image around in the Record Monitor.Alt+ Video SymbolRender to last drive selected, without bringing up the render dialog box.Press P while renderingDisplays the percentage of the render that is complete.Press T while renderingDisplays render time completed and an estimated total render time.Ctrl+.Stops the render process and displays a dialog box asking if you would like to keep the already rendered portion.Click anywhere in the Timecode trackExit Effect Mode and return you to Source/Record Mode.6. TimelineCtrl+ click near a transition in the TimelineSnaps the blue position indicator to the “head frame” (the first frame) of a segment. It also makes the blue position indicator snap to Mark In points or to the next audio keyframe.Ctrl+ Alt click near a transition in the TimelineSnaps the blue position indicator to the “tail frame” (the last frame) of a segment. It also makes the blue position indicator snap to Mark In points or to the next audio keyframe.Ctrl+L/Ctrl+KIncreases / Decreases the height of selected track(s).Ctrl+ dragHold key, then place the cursor between two tracks. The resize icon will appear. Now when you hold the mouse button down you make the track wider or narrowerCtrl+[/]Shows more or less detail in the Timeline.Ctrl+FFindCtrl+YAdds a new video track.Ctrl+UAdds a new audio track.Alt+Ctrl+YOpens a dialog box which allows you to add a specifically numbered audio or video track.Alt+Ctrl+UOpens a dialog box which allows you to add a specifically numbered audio or video track.Ctrl+ click on video / audio monitor icon in track selector panelSolo 1 video track at a time (up to 16)Shift+ click segments when in Segment Mode / Effect ModeSelect multiple segments.Ctrl+ drag a segment when in Segment ModeSnap the “head” of the selected segment(s) to a transition and to Mark In/Out and the blue position indicator.Alt+Ctrl+ drag a segment when in Segment ModeSnaps the “tail” of the selected segment(s) to a transition and to Mark In/Out and the blue position indicator.Shift+Ctrl+ drag up / downAllows you to move segments to a higher or lower track without letting them move left or right.Ctrl+ASelects all tracksShift+Ctrl+ADe-selects all tracksAlt+Video IconPerform a match-frame, but does not remove previously placed Mark In or Mark out points.Alt+Track IconFor the clip on the top-most selected track, this opens the bin in which that clip residesCtrl+/Displays the entire Sequence in the Timeline Window.Ctrl+MAllows the editor to select an area of the timeline to “zoom” into. The smaller the selection, the greater the magnification.Ctrl+JAfter using the “Zoom” shortcut above, this shortcut allows the editor to return to the previously used timeline magnification.
7. ToolsCtrl+ = (equals)First, select the Composer Window, a Bin, the Timeline or the Capture Tool, then use this shortcut to quickly open the related settings. To open the Trim settings, you must be in Trim Mode AND make sure that the Composer window is active (rather than the Timeline window).Ctrl+0Opens or selects the Timeline windowCtrl+1Audio toolCtrl+2Avid CalculatorCtrl+3Command PaletteCtrl+4Composer windowCtrl+5Media CreationCtrl+6ConsoleCtrl+7Capture ToolCtrl+8Effects PaletteCtrl+9Project window